Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Boston Cream Pie

I never met a CREAM PIE i didn't like.. but this one was made for MY MAIN SLICE OF PIE my hubby's birthday.
I was rather proud of myself...all made from scratch. So I'm blogging about the things that made this cake so good. I tested a fewt things to see what the outcome would be. I will say that I really love vanilla beans.. you know, the ones in the pod that you scrape the tiny beans out of that impart delicious flavor? If you've never witnessed.. it's a fun indulgence. Secondly I bought cake flour (specificly Soft as Silk brand) I noticed a difference for sure. It was the same texture as a box mix... more light and crumbly. The ganache on top was thick and rich with the help of some good chocolate and cream. **seriously I need a personal trainer...

I love trying new things and testing it to see if it's all it's cracked up to be. YES~ I think BOSTON will forever hold a place in my heart in more ways than one.

3 comments:

  1. I want you to make me a cake for my birthday. Looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. come up... I'll make you a cake Chellese... you name it. Just not the crazy marzipan cake that I tried to make for you in New Jersey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny, you are simply amazing! Not fair to be so talented in sooooooooooo many areas!

    Miss ya,
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive